Lemon (Citrus limon) essential oil is cold pressed from the rind of the lemon. It takes the rinds of 75 lemons to make a 15ml bottle of lemon oil. Lemon contains 68% d-limonene, an antioxidant that has been linked to healthy immune system function. Lemon is an important ingredient in natural cosmetics that may be useful for cleansing the skin and reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
Lemon is one of Young Living’s most popular essential oils. It is a key component in some of Young Living's most popular products, including Thieves, NingXia Red, and Inner Defense.
- Improves clarity of thought, sense of well being
- Supports healthy skin and hair
- Reduces the appearance of blemishes
- Supports healthy digestion
- Supports healthy gums
- Helps to remove gum, wood stain, oil, and grease spots
- Eliminates odors
- May be beneficial for anxiety
- May be beneficial for dissolving cellulite
- Diffuse alone for a greater mental clarity and to help uplift mood or with other citrus and crisp-smelling oils such as Tangerine, Grapefruit, Orange, Bergamot, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Tarragon, and Eucalyptus Radiata to create an aromatic environment that is clean-smelling and positive.
- Add 3 drops to a glass of water to help reduce occasional heartburn.
- Add to food to enhance the flavor or add to water or a smoothie for a refreshing pick-me-up.
- Soak dishcloths overnight in a bowl of water with 1 drop of lemon to help disinfect
- Add a few drops to dishwasher to help remove hard water spots.
- Rub 1 drop directly onto gums to support healthy gums.
- Add a few drops to your wash to help brighten and disinfect.
- Use 1-2 drops to remove gum, grease and crayons from most surfaces.
- Combine 2–3 drops with water in a spray bottle to help cleanse and sanitize surfaces.
- Add a few drops to naturally derived floor, window, and surface cleaning solutions. However, do not use Lemon oil on granite or stone, as it may etch the surface.
- Place a drop on oily skin to help balance oil glands and minimize oil production.
- Place a few drops on a cotton ball and put in the refrigerator or trash can to help eliminate odors.