Orange (Citrus sinensis) essential oil is cold-pressed from the rinds of oranges and has a rich, citrus aroma that calms and relaxes the body and uplifts the mind. Orange essential oil can encourage positive emotions of peace, happiness, and well-being. Citrus oils and orange in particular, are rich in the powerful antioxidant d-limonene which supports the body’s natural cellular activities. Orange essential oil contains 85-95% limonene - the highest level of d-limonene next to grapefruit oil. The oil has a juicy aroma reminiscent of the fresh fruit.
Try making Orange essential oil part of your morning routine—either diffused or applied topically—to start your day off with an inspiring boost of citrus aroma. Orange is delightful on its own, or you can combine it with complementary oils such as Lemon, Tangerine, Grapefruit, Cinnamon, Neroli, or Patchouli.
Orange oil is an important ingredient in popular Young Living blends such as Citrus Fresh™, Abundance™, Christmas Spirit™, and Peace & Calming®, Orange oil offers a sweet, peaceful aroma that can fill a room with a sense of peace, harmony, and creativity.
- Cellular Support
- Uplifting and mood enhancing
- Emotional Balance
- Supports a healthy immune system
- Boosts libido
- Diffuse Orange essential oil in your children’s play areas. They’ll love the sweet, playful scent!
- Depending on what you choose to blend with it, Orange is a great seasonal scent for both warmer and cooler months. Diffuse Orange with Lime, Lemon, or Tangerine for a sunny warm-weather scent, or diffuse it with Cinnamon and a hint of Clove for a festive smell perfect for the holidays.
- Even clean linens may need a little freshening. Combine 8–10 drops with distilled water or witch hazel in a small spray bottle and spritz over linens and in closets to keep your sheets, towels, and clothes smelling great.
- Orange is also a wonderful addition to enhance the flavor of many foods and drinks.