Tea Tree essential oil (Melaleuca alternifolia), one of the most well-known essential oils, has a fresh, crisp aroma. It includes the naturally occurring constituents terpinene-4-ol, gamma terpinene and alpha-terpinene, and is lauded for its cleansing and purifying properties.
Tea Tree is included and a key ingredient in Young Living’s Purification and Melrose essential oil blends, Animal Scents and Rose ointments, and ClaraDerm.
Fun Fact: Tea tree esential oil was a standard issue for a soldier’s tool kit during WWII in Australia. It was considered a first aid in a bottle.
- Promotes cleansing and purity.
- Has been used for centuries to help to heal cuts, wounds, and skin infections.
- Strong immune buidling properties.
- Helps maintain a healthy-looking scalp and hair
- Reduces the appearance of blemishes
- Fungal support for feet and toenails.
- Can ease the symptoms of bug bites, itchy skin, acne.
- Can help in combating lice, pet fleas, and mold.
- Add Tea Tree to your favorite lotions and moisturizers to enhance the appearance of healthy-looking skin.
- Dilute it with your preferred carrier oil and apply it to reduce the appearance of blemishes.
- Apply it to fingernails and toenails when needed.
- Diffuse for a cleansing, pure aroma to fill your home or workplace, or inhale it directly to be uplifted and enjoy a sense of clarity.