PanAway contains the naturally occurring constituents methyl salicylate, gamma-curcumene, menthol, and eugenol, creating an invigorating aroma that is both uplifting and relieving.
Why the childproof lid on Panaway and Wintergreen? The key constituent in Panaway is Wintergreen, Methyl Salicylate, which acts like a blood thinner. Its anticoagulant properties are enhanced when used with blood thinning drugs or aspirin. Large quantities can be dangerous, especially in children. In fact, one whole 15mL bottle is about the equivalent of 85 adult aspirins. While it of course doesn't have the side effects that aspirin does, it is quite effective. Because of this, Young Living has taken a proactive step to prevent children from ingesting the oil.
- Muscle Soothing
- Relieves head pressure
- Relieves stiffness
- Relieves swelling
- Stimulates quicker healing
- Alleviates symptoms of sciatica
- Promotes healthy circulation
- Helps with sports injuries, sprains, muscles spasms, bumps, and bruises
- Dilute and apply topically to help with occasional aches and minor discomfort.
- Rub a diluted drop on the temples, forehead and back of neck to relieve head tension.
- Dilute and massage throughout lower/upper back area for occasional discomfort.
- Mix with massage oil and massage on location for growing pains.
- Incorporate a few drops into your next massage for an invigorating experience.
- Mix with coconut oil and apply to chest to help open up respiratory channels.
- Inhale deeply to uplift and bring a sense of relaxation.
- Combining PanAway with Helichrysum can increase its effectiveness and combining it with additional Wintergreen can bring extra relief. Add 4-5 drops to a cup of Epsom salts to enjoy a revitalizing, soothing bath, or combine it with a compress on the back of your neck and down the spine for added comfort.