Peppermint (Mentha piperita) is a powerful essential oil that is highly regarded to promote and enhance healthy intestinal function and support normal digestion. Peppermint is steam distilled form leaves, stems, and flower buds. It takes one pound of raw peppermint material to make one 15 ml bottle of peppermint. Fresh, nostalgic, and instantly recognizable, Peppermint essential oil’s scent invigorates the mind and senses, while inspiring a sense of peace. Used topically, Peppermint oil creates a cool, tingling sensation on the skin, making it a favorite for sports massage.
When your day is dragging—through a workout, class, or day at work—enjoy some Peppermint oil benefits by applying it to your head and neck. The refreshing aroma will give you a boost of positivity! Peppermint is also a great option for diffusing on its own or with compatible scents such as Lavender, Rosemary, Spearmint, or Sage.
This versatile essential oil has been widely studied for its potential health benefits and its ability to enhance mental acuity.
Peppermint is a key ingredient in Young Living’s PanAway®, AromaEase®, Aroma Siez™, Relieve It™, and Deep Relief™ Roll-On essential oil blends.
- Supports gastrointestinal system comfort.
- Promotes healthy bowel function.
- Enhances healthy gut function.
- Supports normal digestion.
- Helps alleviate nausea, morning sickness, and motion sickness.
- May support performance during exercise.
- Helps to relieve occasional head tension.
- Supports healthy sinus function by opening nasal passages.
- Pest repellant.
- After a tough workout, dilute a few drops of Peppermint in V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex, and use it in a refreshing post-workout massage.
- Create your own home spa! Add Peppermint and Eucalyptus Radiata to hot bath water with Epsom salts and enjoy the relaxing, invigorating scent and aromatic steam.
- Peppermint is in the same family as both Lavender and Rosemary. Diffuse the oils of these powerful botanicals together for a fresh aroma that uplifts the spirit.
- Place a drop on the tongue to freshen breath.
- Inhale from the bottle to curb appetite.
- Add to water or meals as a flavoring agent and natural preservative.
- Place 2 drops on a cotton ball along entry points to naturally deter rats, mice, ants or roaches.